The Transformational Power of Integral Deep Listening
Dr. Joseph Dillard has been working with dreams, nightmares, as well as the dreamlike sleepwalking and nightmarish dramas of waking life for over forty years. He has a broad clinical background, working in out-patient, in-patient, and private practice environments with couples, families, children, the dying, those with issues of childhood trauma, addiction, phobias, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, gender issues, and personality disorder. In addition, he has worked with many “adjusted” and “normal” folks who want to take their development to the next level.
What are the advantages of Integral Deep Listening?
IDL focuses on helping you to wake up out of whatever life scripting and dramas are blocking your healing, balancing, and transformation. It is not typical therapy, in that Dr. Dillard’s function is not to interpret your experience, to diagnose or treat, but to put you in touch with your unique life compass and access its priorities for your life. IDL thereby empowers you by putting you in touch with emerging potentials that are aligned with your life compass. The results are unexpected, highly creative, and yet provide practical approaches to problem solving the life issues that are important to you.
Click here for a description of the IDL Training Program
What can you expect from your Skype or Zoom session?
The agenda depends on you and your needs. If you have issues you want to problem solve around, we can do that. However, it is highly recommended that you spend the majority of your time during sessions interviewing dream characters or the personifications of life issues and developing an integral life practice that involves applying the recommendations that they make in your everyday life.
How much does it cost?
Skype or Zoom sessions are 100 Euro per sixty minutes, payable to Joseph Dillard, Dream Yoga, PayPal. PayPal converts dollars and other currencies to Euro automatically. Session length is typically between forty-five minutes and two hours, depending on your needs. Interviews typically take about ninety minutes.
How does Integral Deep Listening approach counseling?
Treating Depression with Integral Deep Listening explains its general approach not only to depression but to anxiety disorders.
To learn more about how Joseph Dillard developed IDL, see A Life Journey.
To book your Skype session with Dr. Dillard, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the time frame for treating different conditions with IDL?
The elimination of nightmares, even repetitive ones of long duration, usually only takes one or two sessions.
Because of their intensity and intrusion into everyday life, nightmares of post-traumatic stress disorder require two sessions per week the first two weeks, one session per week for the second two weeks, and one session every other week for six weeks.
The elimination of situational and exogenous depressions normally takes between two and six months.
The elimination of anxiety disorders and phobias typically takes between one and six sessions.
Improvement of communication between couples generally requires only four sessions, but most couples find that ongoing sessions are advisable.
The rebuilding of trust in a relationship following infidelity generally requires four sessions, but again, most couples find that ongoing sessions are advisable.
While IDL does not address physical conditions, it eliminates factors that impede healing, such as fear, anxiety, stress, victimization, and the mental and emotional side effects of pain. To the extent that psychological factors create symptoms and limit healing, IDL can reduce much associated misery. Benefits generally come from one to four sessions.
Moving beyond normalcy
Integral Deep Listening provides an effective way to take your development to the next level, regardless of where you are in your life. To get the most out of IDL, you need to treat it as an ongoing life yoga, or psychospiritual discipline. Our certification programs are an excellent way to do so. We are here to teach you how, and help you every step of the way.
To schedule an appointment
Contact Dr. Dillard at Joseph.Dillard@Gmail.Com
10 Ways You Can Benefit From IDL Counseling
Would you like to take your life to the next level? Here are ten ways you can benefit from IDL counseling.
- IDL counseling has demonstrated its effectiveness with a broad range of conditions, including depression, anxiety, phobias, post-traumatic disorder, interpersonal issues, and addiction. Most people find it faster and more effective than traditional therapy.
- Most counseling and education is therapist/authority centered or client centered. IDL is revolutionary because it is neither. Authorities aren’t you; how can they know what you uniquely need? On the other hand, you are stuck; validating your stuckness with a client-centered approach won’t get you unstuck. IDL provides a reliable, authentic way to get in touch with your own inner compass, or “physician within.” It directs growth, as an educational process of waking up.
- Your inner compass is a wellspring of emerging potentials. These are perspectives that transcend, yet include, your own. When consulted and realistic recommendations are followed, they align you with the priorities of your inner compass. Your problems resolve themselves, life comes into balance, and you transform. You access these transformative perspectives by interviewing characters in your dreams as well as the personifications of the life issues that matter most to you.
- You will find freedom from the assumptions of your childhood scripting, which both define who you are and limit who you can become.
- You will move out of drama in the three interrelated realms of your relationships, your thoughts, and your dreams.
- You will learn to identify and eliminate cognitive distortions that keep you from finding and following your own unique path to wholeness.
- You will practice a “dream yoga,” that is an “integral life practice,” which encourages the methods you are already familiar with while adding direction by your inner compass.
- Your IDL Practitioner is a teacher and coach, working as a source of support and accountability as you apply recommendations from your interviews in your daily life in concrete, testable ways.
- You will learn, if you so desire, an effective form of meditation centered on observation of your thoughts and breath. Regardless of the type of meditation you do or the depth of your practice, IDL meditation will take you to the next level.
- The transformational and revolutionary perspectives that you tap are not your intuition. They are different from your soul’s purpose, your dharma, or God’s will. Together, they point your way to increased confidence, compassion, wisdom, acceptance, inner peace, and objectivity, six core qualities of enlightenment.